EyeSeeTea, a Spanish startup in the NGO and science research domain, is looking for an experienced systems administrator to maintain our systems and servers and assist in developing the overall IT strategy.
Which will be your responsibilities?
- Monitor servers and instances, and respond to software issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers when needed
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues (research event-log warnings and errors; and monitor resources to ensure that systems architecture components work together seamlessly)
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Maintain system security and address vulnerabilities
- Assist other teams with troubleshooting and provide technical support when needed
- Perform routine and scheduled audits of all systems, including backups
- Configure tools to automate, build, and deploy processes
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes.
- Build and manage development and testing environments.
What do we want?
- 4 years of experience or more as sysadmin
- Experience in Linux system administration
- Experience with server virtualization
- Networking experience; IP tables, Network address routing, subnetting, experience with ssh/curl/jq/ip/..
- Experience in cloud computing
- Knowledge of shell scripting and/or dynamic languages (Bash)
- GIT knowledge
- Good understanding of Docker containers
- Automation configuration tools (Saltstack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, …)
- Knowledge of Postgres, Nginx
- Experience with monitoring tools (Grafana…)
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Github actions, …
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to work remotely, independently and with team members from diverse backgrounds
Will also be valued:
- Cybersecurity knowledge
- Programming expertise with Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in Unit testing / Integration testing / Automated Testing.
- Fluent in Spanish.
What do we offer?
The projects we work on go beyond conventional software development. Our goal is to generate a positive impact on society through technology. Our experience and mindset is also with Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D), creating appropriate technologies for human development. We only work with FOSS (Free and open-source software), it’s our philosophy, and we’re proud of it.
You will become part of a relaxed but professional software development team, involved in a wide range of international and cutting-edge projects and many opportunities for furthering your knowledge of robust web development, user interface design and relational databases
Looking for people who are looking for a stable position and 100% remote work. You choose if you want to work a 20 hours week, a 40 hours one or anything in between. Except for some meetings, you will enjoy flexible hours.
We offer a career plan, with a transparent salary table according to established levels of seniority. You won’t have to worry about negotiations or ask for salary raises.
Indefinite employment contract with a 6 months trial.
Salary Range: 30k-53k
How will be the selection process?
We don’t believe in interminable selection processes. Send us your resume and if you have, a link to your github or website. We will review your CV and If we seem a good fit, we will send you a technical test in the date you choose and you will have 24 hours to work on it when you want to. Then we will arrange another interview to discuss your test. That’s it. No more interviews or tests.
We invite underrepresented communities to apply (women, POC and LGTBQI+ people). We aspire to be a safe and diverse workplace and we hope the applications we receive are as diverse as possible.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.